CPC ACCESS Incubator
Black and indigenous people of color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs not only face barriers to accessing capital but also the technical knowledge and professional networks that are needed to achieve success in real estate development. That’s why CPC created the ACCESS Incubator to empower emerging developers to succeed.
Graduating participants leave with the strength of CPC’s decades of community development experience behind them, a network of colleagues and professional resources as well as a strong foundation of knowledge to support their future real estate development projects.
The free, intensive virtual training series features instruction from CPC staff and consultant Let’s Brainstorm LLC, and is composed of several virtual training modules that focus on each step of the development process, including:
- Construction Lending and Borrowing
- Qualifying for a Construction Loan
- Sustainable Development
- Pre-Closing and Closing a Construction Loan
- Construction Phase to Permanent Loan Conversion
The ACCESS Developer Incubator seeks applicants who:
- Identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color)
- Seek to expand skills and experience in multifamily real estate development
- Have less than three years’ experience in housing, ownership, development and/or management and have produced less than 20 units or two buildings
- Have operated in New York for at least six months with sufficient cash liquidity
- Own or plan to acquire a viable multifamily property or project for construction, rehabilitation, or renovation in the next 6 to 12 months
- Can commit to actively participating in each virtual session (CPC will allow two absences)
- Will consistently respond to emails and surveys throughout the training series
Sign up for Updates on the Next Incubator Enrollment Period
Find your local expert.
Get in touch with one of our experts to begin a conversation about your project.